The plants chosen in this collection grow around me on Waiheke Island. The island would have been mostly broad-leaved coastal forest. Although it was burnt for pasture during the 1920s, it has significantly reforested in the last thirty years. Ponga and Kanuka formed the first wave of this reafforestation. I have an intimate relationship with all the plants in this first collection, and I have known some of them for a very long time. Particularly Pohuehue which was the predominate plant in the sand dunes where I grew up. It was beautiful to find it growing here, wild and tangled amongst the honeysuckle.
Lasavia Box Sets are kitsets for Health and Wellbeing. Having a set allows you to enter into a dynamic process or attuning to your needs on a daily weekly, monthly or occasional basis. The benefit is that they are there to assist you with the distinct gifts that each essence brings.
- Nikau – Embodies the earth element, Saturn and the stomach. The ability to absorb and utilise nourishment, well balanced, safe.
- Pohuehue – Embodies water, mercury, and the mind. An exuberant response to life, intensifies perception, helps links pathways.
- Hangehange – Embodies water and the moon. Acceptance and protection. Creating space in your life to slow down and connect to a different pace.
- Ponga – A strong mind integrated with the heart. Embodies the ancient elemental energy of the Moon and Pan. A deep connection to nature, grounded.
- Kotukutuku – Puts you in touch with the childlike freedom of having nothing to gain but the present moment. To express yourself and search for nothing.
- Karamu – Expands your horizons and gives you space to be in the world again.